"Stone Fox" Novel Study

Owls in the Family and Stone Fox are two novels that I teach in my grade four classroom year after year. I have never had a student not like either of them and both authors seem to have an amazing ability for engaging readers.

"Stone Fox" by John Reynolds Gardiner is the story of a boy who enters a dog sled race with the goal of winning enough money to save his grandfather's farm. This story will have students begging to keep reading. When I teach this novel I generally try to integrate many different types of reading, such as shared reading, read-aloud, partner based reading and independent reading.

The following link will direct you to a 33-page literature unit complete with comprehension questions for each chapter, higher-order thinking activities and graphic organizers to promote understanding. Enjoy!

http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Stone-Fox-by-John-Reynolds-Gardiner-a-literature-unit-novel-study

*****************************************************************
Join me on Facebook! "Like" my Facebook page in order to receive special offers, 2-for-1 specials and much more!
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Teaching-Resources-by-Shelley-Gray/160961957282709
******************************************************************